Henry Griggs Rambling
Visit to Australia 2002
Sydney house 2002
Circular Quay 2004
Circular Quay 2002
Centrepoint Tower 2004
Oz Birds 2004
Oz Birds 2002
Bridge Climb 2002
Photo of the day
Geek Alaska 2003
UK in 2003
Geek Caribbean 2002
Photo Of The Day
This Site Defined
What this is!
Yes, that's right, folks, this is yet another home page that details
the boring thoughts of yet another would-be author, and follows the
life of yet another boring techno-geek on the Internet.
On the left is a photo of me in 1990 in Sydney, New South Wales,
Australia. On the right is a photo of me in 1999 in Norfolk,
Virginia, USA. On the left, I am young, dark haired and small of
body. On the right, I am middle-aged, grey-haired and porky. The
photos have been purposefully made too small to show much detail.
What you do and don't get!
|What you don't get
||What you do get
||A few home-made photos
|Vibrant, exciting Web Page construction
||Boredom as an art form
Who I am!
- I'm 44 (see the grey hair and obesity)
- that's middle-aged, folks
- in my fifth decade
- 60% of my allotted span gone
- I'm married with two cats
- Anne (see the photos)
- togetherness (see the photos)
- Himalayan cats
- I make my living from
- I've been programming since 1975 ...
- ... and making a living from it since 1977
- I use Linux at home
- I prefer to work with Unix
- I program in C, C++ and Perl
- I have done SGML and XML conversions
- I have done communications
- I have done systems programming
- and despite what I have done, I am doing penance
for my sins and working with Windows NT (hawk, spit) and
developing and installing Oracle and Oracle Financial
- I temporarily live in Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
- but I lived in Sydney, Australia for 10 years
- and Townsville,
North Queensland for 17 years
- and started life in Ayr,
North Queensland, and lived there for 17 years.
- I ride a motorbike by preference,
and have been riding since 1985, which means I get told
- that I am mad
- that I am a temporary citizen
- that I have a deathwish
- I'm very fond of food and alcohol ...
- ... and music ...
- ... and collecting things, like
- LPs and CDs
- a few select magazines
- a few select comics
These are the topics that I rant and rave about. My opinions, my
prejudices, my bigotry. It's mostly text, and there's no fancy stuff.
Well, it started out that way, but colourful bits and photos have crept
in here and there. The section on our cats has lots of photos.
I have collected some data that may be of interest to others. However it
is mostly data about things I collect.